Former Spanish teacher turned marketing consultant, Mariam currently works as a search engine optimization manager at a marketing agency, where she manages SEO initiatives for LinkedIn. She works with LinkedIn’s marketers and copywriters to make sure that web pages are appearing in search results on Google.
What We Talked About:
- Mariam’s Background (01:35)
- What prompted Mariam to go from teaching Spanish to pursue a marketing career? (2:24)
- The challenges and roadblocks Mariam faced (8:55)
- How Mariam stayed motivated during her job search (17:22)
- How Mariam started pitching people to get projects for marketing experience (24:42)
- Mariam’s final thoughts to help motivate those who might be struggling with their job search (31:30)
Send her a personalized connection request on Linkedin, letting her know you heard her on the podcast.