1 in 4 students have a diagnosable mental health condition, 1 in 3 struggle with an existing mental illness, and two-thirds of those with disorders don’t seek treatment. April Tsuei comes on the show to shine a light on mental illness, while sharing how she’s building a thriving career at Amazon despite her challenges with anxiety, depression and panic disorder!
What We Talked About:
- April’s background (1:45)
- April’s experience living in a new country (2:06)
- How April felt when she was diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses (3:03)
- The truth about how common mental health is (7:40)
- The challenges and roadblocks April faced and how she overcame them (10:04)
- April’s strategies to improve her life and the coping mechanisms she used to better handle her mental health challenges (13:10)
- April’s journey to Amazon (20:20)
- April’s final thoughts (25:35)
Send her a personalized connection request on Linkedin, letting her know you heard her on the podcast.